ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] Geo Regions Review WG Updates - April 2010

  • To: "board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] Geo Regions Review WG Updates - April 2010
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 20:40:56 -0700

Dear Working Group Members;

Set forth below, please find the areas of agreement reached on the last call
and additional progress updates. Gisella circulated the recording of the
meeting late last week and a copy of her message is attached hereto.

Interim Report Drafting:

Based on feedback during the call, Rob committed to produce additional report
language discussing the 25 matters identified in the Initial Report.  The
language will follow the drafted style of the previous draft with more
consolidation of "matters" into logical groupings.  UPDATE:   I expect to have
that next draft (v3) available to circulate to you all by the end of this week
(see proposed timetable below).

Survey Document:

Rob advised that the survey translations were almost completed.  WG members
agreed that to increase possible responses, Staff would attempt to "time" the
survey effort to coincide with a planned survey initiative being planned by the
At-Large community.  UPDATE:  It appears that we will be able to achieve that
"timing" goal.  I will circulate the live link to the survey to all of you at
the end of this week and the survey will be "live" as of PDT Monday, 3 May. The
survey link will remain active for over four (4) calendar weeks through COB on
Tuesday, 1 June. I have attached a sample cover note you may wish to send to
your community members to invite them to participate in the survey. Pursuant to
Cheryl's request, that invitation note is being translated into the same seven
languages of the survey document.  I will circulate those completed
translations to you as they become available.

Future Meetings Schedule:

WG members on the call agreed to establish a common day/time for WG calls every
three weeks leading up to the ICANN meeting in Brussels.  UPDATE:  The next
call on the timetable is next Tuesday, 4 May.  Gisella will be circulating a
confirmation of that meeting/call shortly.  I have included all three call
dates/times on the proposed timetable below.

May I suggest that the potential agenda for that next meeting next Tuesday, 4
May include the following items.

 *   Interim Report Drafting Progress and feedback
 *   Survey progress/status and feedback
 *   Confirm Proposed Timetable
 *   Discuss Potential WG Meeting in Brussels
 *   Discuss Potential Session/Workshop In Brussels to discuss the Geo Regions
Review Effort

Proposed Timetable Leading up to Brussels Meeting:

Rob volunteered during the last call to draft a proposed timetable leading up
to the Brussels meeting that would allow completion of the WG Interim Report by
that meeting.  UPDATE:  That proposed timetable is set forth below.

 *   30 April: Circulate Draft v3 of Interim Report Language to WG members;
circulate confirmed survey link to WG members for further distribution
 *   4 May - 1200UTC: Next scheduled WG Call
 *   10 May: Written WG member comments to Draft v3
 *   17 May: Circulate Draft v4 of Interim Report to WG members
 *   24 May:  Written WG member comments to Draft v4
 *   25 May - 1200UTC: Scheduled WG Call - discuss draft v4
 *   1 June:  WG Survey Closes
 *   3 June:  Draft v5 of Interim Report (final?) circulated and initial
translations requested
 *   7 June: Written Final Comments on Draft v5
 *   8 June: Final translation edits submitted
 *   15 June - 1200 UTC:  Scheduled WG Call - Finalize Agenda For Brussels
Meeting (and possible session/workshop)
 *   Brussels Meeting:  WG Meeting and Possible Session/Workshop for community

Please provide any thoughts, comments or other ideas about any of these
discussion items at your earliest convenience. I look forward to talking with
you next week!

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth