ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] Near-Final Version of Interim Report Document (DA5RHv7)

  • To: "board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] Near-Final Version of Interim Report Document (DA5RHv7)
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 12:24:32 -0700

Dear Working Group Members;

Consistent with the timetable outlined last week, attached please find a
red-lined version (DA5RHv7) of the Interim Report document.  With attached
annexes, the document package is now a full 53 pages.  To meet the publication
schedule I need any final edits or feedback by midnight this Friday – 5
November.

I did not receive any written edits on the previous document version (DA5RHv6)
circulated on 19 October so the changes are quite manageable.  You’ll notice
many minor proofing edits and some substantive and non-substantive language
changes. Please confirm that I have your current affiliation properly recorded
on the cover page.  Please share any of your comments or edits via this mailing
list so that everyone has the opportunity to see your edits or comments.

If you have only a short amount of time for a targeted review, I suggest that
you focus on Section B (see pages 16-19) where, based on feedback during the
last call, a number of additional hypothetical questions are posed. It would be
great to either get your feedback on the existing questions or to have you add
additional suggestions for questions to ask. You’ll see I have also made a
specific request for additional text on page 28.  That request was also in
place on version 6.  I also have flagged a specific question for David on page
29.

The one substantive change that I wanted to be sure to get your feedback on
involves the length of the comment period.  You’ll note I’ve proposed a comment
forum deadline of 30 January 2011 for reaction to the Interim Report. There are
three reasons for this – (1) given the timing and length of this document we
may not have all translations completed by 15 November; the English language
version and all completed translations will be posted on that date, but
non-English readers should not be penalized if we encounter any delays in the
translation process for any of the 6 UN languages (by the way I am not
proposing that the Annexes be translated) – (2) Comment forum time periods are
usually suspended during ICANN Public Meetings – that leaves out nearly a
week’s time in early December – and (3), the end of the year holidays are
likely to delay consideration of the report or drafting of comments by a number
of  member communities. Please let me know if you think the 30 January date is
too soon, too long or just right.

I look forward to any written feedback – particularly from those of you who may
not be able to join the call this Friday.  Consistent with the timetable, I
will process all changes received by midnight this Friday and circulate the
final document for your files on Monday the 8th at which time the document will
also be submitted to the translation team.

Thanks so much for all your help on this phase of your working group effort.

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth