ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

Re: [board-09georegionswg] Near-Final Version of Interim Report Document (DA5RHv7)

  • To: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [board-09georegionswg] Near-Final Version of Interim Report Document (DA5RHv7)
  • From: Cheryl Langdon-Orr <langdonorr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 22:56:24 +1100

Oh GRRRR
Rob this was still in my drafts folder *sigh*
CLO

Thanks for this Rob,

Please see some comments  inter-spaced  <CLO>  in the text below....
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
(CLO)

On 4 November 2010 06:24, Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Dear Working Group Members;
>
> Consistent with the timetable outlined last week, attached please find a
> red-lined version (DA5RHv7) of the Interim Report document.  With attached
> annexes, the document package is now a full 53 pages.  To meet the
> publication schedule I need any final edits or feedback by midnight this
> Friday – 5 November.
>
> I did not receive any written edits on the previous document version
> (DA5RHv6) circulated on 19 October so the changes are quite manageable.
>  You’ll notice many minor proofing edits and some substantive and
> non-substantive language changes. Please confirm that I have your current
> affiliation properly recorded on the cover page.  Please share any of your
> comments or edits via this mailing list so that everyone has the opportunity
> to see your edits or comments.
>
> If you have only a short amount of time for a targeted review, I suggest
> that you focus on Section B (see pages 16-19) where, based on feedback
> during the last call, a number of additional hypothetical questions are
> posed. It would be great to either get your feedback on the existing
> questions or to have you add additional suggestions for questions to ask.
> You’ll see I have also made a specific request for additional text on page
> 28.
> <CLO>  in the text on p 28  the [XXXXXX]  costs  per additional Region
>  reference  needs to be estimated  we need to approach Heidi and Keven about
> that post haste...  Also  When will the text  additions under Sec 16
> Sovereignty  parts 100 & 101 p 26, be added? Will it be before the next
> Meeting ???
> That request was also in place on version 6.  I also have flagged a
> specific question for David on page 29. <CLO> I just don't see the flagged
> question in the text on p 29 Sorry
>
> *The one substantive change that I wanted to be sure to get your feedback
> on involves the length of the comment period.  You’ll note I’ve proposed a
> comment forum deadline of 30 January 2011 for reaction to the Interim
> Report. * There are three reasons for this – (1) given the timing and
> length of this document we may not have all translations completed by 15
> November; the English language version and all completed translations will
> be posted on that date, but non-English readers should not be penalized if
> we encounter any delays in the translation process for any of the 6 UN
> languages (by the way I am not proposing that the Annexes be translated) –
> (2) Comment forum time periods are usually suspended during ICANN Public
> Meetings – that leaves out nearly a week’s time in early December – and (3),
> the end of the year holidays are likely to delay consideration of the report
> or drafting of comments by a number of  member communities. *Please let me
> know if you think the 30 January date is too soon, too long or just right.
> *

<CLO>  I think  30 Jan is fine  as it also allows for various  annual /
seasonal breaks taken by many  and yet is before  other  annual festivals
cultural requirements  that effect the Asia Pacific Region after that
date...