ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] Update - and Scheduling Next Geo Regions Review WG Meeting

  • To: "board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] Update - and Scheduling Next Geo Regions Review WG Meeting
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:01:03 -0800

Dear Working Group Members;

Happy New Year to you all! In an effort to plan and focus the Working Group’s
efforts between now and the ICANN #40 Public Meeting in San Francisco, the
Chair has authorized me to circulate the following Doodle Scheduling Poll link
- http://doodle.com/byfmtxwexxtzuvnv - to see if we can hold a telephonic
meeting the week of 24 January.  The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss
the evaluation of community forum comments regarding the Interim Report and the
process/plan/schedule for drafting and publishing the Final Report document
later this year.

The Interim Report Public Comment Forum (
http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#geo-regions-interim-report) is
scheduled to remain open until 30 January 2011. To date, only one comment has
been submitted, but there is still time to encourage members of your
communities to submit comments!

The WG conducted a productive community workshop last month in Cartagena to
promote interest in the WG effort, the Interim Report and the Public Comment
Forum.  I counted a total of 51 separate workshop attendees during some period
of the 60-minute session and there were a number of really interesting
comments, questions and observations from attendees. The supply of 25 thumb
drives (including the Interim Report in all 6 UN languages and a copy of Dave’s
overview presentation) that I had prepared to share with interested community
members was quickly exhausted. Thanks to Dave, Olga and Carlton for
participating and fielding community questions. I am working to get the
recording of the Cartagena session transcribed and will share it with you all
when it is completed.  I think we should also post a copy of the transcript in
the Public Comment Forum. You should all probably discuss whether you want to
conduct another workshop in San Francisco.

Again, the scheduling poll can be accessed at this link -
http://doodle.com/byfmtxwexxtzuvnv. Consistent with standard WG practice, the
times options each day are either 1200 UTC or 1300 UTC.  Please complete the
poll by COB next Monday (17 January) so that we can identify and announce the
day and time that works best for the most number of people. Thanks!

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth