ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] Geo Regions Update - Workshop Transcript and New Meeting Poll

  • To: "board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] Geo Regions Update - Workshop Transcript and New Meeting Poll
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 22:12:10 -0700

Dear Working Group Members:

Attached for your review and records, please find the transcript from the March
17 Workshop held by the Working Group in San Francisco.  The transcript will
shortly be posted to the Workshop Session web page at
http://svsf40.icann.org/node/22217.

Per Dave's plan, I am circulating a Doodle Scheduling Poll link so that you can
indicate your preference for the next WG meeting some time during the week of
May 23.  The scheduling poll can be located at this link -
http://www.doodle.com/6zdnfqiscapgp3dn.

Dave and I are still working on the draft Final Report document and will
circulate it just as soon as there is an acceptable piece of work that you can
review and consider.  My personal observation is that there appear to be a
number of items that you will need to discuss as a Working Group before
reaching firm conclusions or recommendations - from the general approach to
specific details of the potential recommendations that may be made to the
Board.  I hope the draft Report will make that discussion more productive.
Given the scope of matters still to be decided, the Singapore meeting timetable
for a public draft may be a little optimistic, but is still worth pursuing.

I am also planning to request a placeholder for another Working Group Workshop
at the ICANN Singapore Public Meeting – pending further discussion and a
decision from all of you on the subject.

Looking forward to this third meeting attempt being a successful one.

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth