ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

Re: [board-09georegionswg] For Review and Feedback - Latest Geo Regions Draft Final Report

  • To: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [board-09georegionswg] For Review and Feedback - Latest Geo Regions Draft Final Report
  • From: Pablo Hinojosa <pablo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 16:59:07 +1000

Robert,

Thanks a lot for this. Two comments:

First, in Singapore we discussed about the role that the representatives from the NRO have taken in this group and we agreed to set a new category of observers to better reflect their participation. (Refer to page 13-14 of the transcript).

As I said in Singapore, the result of the WG deliberations in the use of the RIR system is not a solution proposed by the RIRs. I think it is best that RIR representatives would not be perceived as authors of the proposal but as observers to the process (which best reflect their actual role in the WG).

Second comment:

On paragraph 52, the language of "alignment with RIR allocation" still prevails. In Singapore, the WG agreed that the RIR system will be used as a starting point with possible subsequent reassignments. As David said in Singapore: it is a snapshot and not tied to the RIR structure or evolution. (Refer to page 11 of the transcript).

Hope the group agrees to include these comments in the final report.

Best regards,
Pablo Hinojosa