ICANN ICANN Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[board-09georegionswg] Re: Geo Regions Review WG Update - Completing Final Report

  • To: "board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] Re: Geo Regions Review WG Update - Completing Final Report
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 22:06:12 -0700

Dear Geographic Regions Review Working Group Members:
As promised, attached please find the latest version (Daav7) of the draft
Final Report of the Working Group.
This latest draft document includes extensive revisions from the draft Final
Report (see - 
0sep11-en.htm) and is based on the community feedback, working group
discussions and correspondence that we had earlier last year.
Because of the extended period between the last draft effort and today, Dave
has asked me to try to schedule a conference call for you all to discuss the
final recommendations.  I have created a Doodle scheduling poll at this link
­ http://www.doodle.com/4v2tcp6htn6b8nz7.  At your earliest convenience,
please take a couple of minutes to consult the poll and provide the dates
and times that best fit your schedule.  Consistent with our original group
efforts, the suggested times are right around Noon or 1pm UTC on the
available dates. Once we have a day and time nailed down, we will get out a
confirmation note with call details to all of you.
The call agenda will use the "Summary of Conclusions and Recommendations"
section of the the Final Report (Section IV) as a general framework for
discussion which will allow you to proceed
³recommendation-by-recommendation² to confirm that there is still a
consensus on each substantive point.
I have also taken the liberty to prepare an ICANN Public Meeting request
form for a 90-minute community workshop session at the ICANN Public Meeting
in Durban for a discussion of the Final Report recommendations.  The
deadline for submitting a Durban session request is COB next Thursday, so I
want to get that request in at least as a placeholder ­ pending a final
decision of the WG on whether to actually hold the session.
Understanding that it may take a little extra time to refresh your thoughts
as you look at the new draft, and recognizing that we¹ll need a little lead
time to begin translation efforts on the document before the Durban meeting
publication deadline, we can accept edits and comments up until June 9 ­
that is 16 days from now.  I hope that will give everyone plenty of time for
document review and for us to further modify the recommendations if there
are any substantive concerns. If you think your schedule/availability will
require you to take that much time to review the document, please let me
Dave and I look forward to your thoughts, edits and comments on the draft
document either on the upcoming call OR via email ­ perhaps both!

Attachment: Final Report of Geo Regions Rvw WG - EN (RHv4Daa7)(Clean).doc
Description: MS-Word document

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy