ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] FYI - Geo Regions WG Final Report Announced and Posted - Workshop Date Scheduled

  • To: "board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] FYI - Geo Regions WG Final Report Announced and Posted - Workshop Date Scheduled
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:02:09 -0700

Dear Working Group Members;

I am pleased to report that the Working Group Final Report has been
announced and posted on the ICANN we site ­ see
http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-22jun13-en.htm .
Translations are under way to put the document into all 6 UN languages and
those versions will be posted as they become available.

The report has even received some press - compliments of Domain Incite ­ see
http://domainincite.com/13496-us-and-eu-could-be-victims-of-icann-power-shif
t . Despite a wildly speculative and provocative (traffic fishing) headline
and lead, the DI piece does a fair job reporting the recommendations and
noting the opportunity for further community comment.

I have confirmed a time for the WG workshop in Durban for Thursday, July 18
at 12:30 pm for 60 minutes.  I hope many of you will be able to attend the
session.

Formal notices of the opportunity for SO-AC review and comment will be going
out to your leadership council chairs shortly, so you should begin to expect
comments or questions from your communities.  Comments will be due in
mid-October.  Please let me and Dave know if any of your communities plan to
comment.

Thank you all for your continued efforts on this project.

Best,

Rob