ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bylaws-amend-chair-comp]

Chair Renumeration

  • To: "bylaws-amend-chair-comp@xxxxxxxxx" <bylaws-amend-chair-comp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Chair Renumeration
  • From: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 18:36:52 +0000

The ICANN board and its chair work hard so it is only natural that some level
of renumeration be considered.

It is also in the organisation's best interests to be able to attract the best
people for positions on the board, so if ICANN cannot pay them some level of
salary I suspect that board membership will be restricted to those that can
either afford to take on the role, or who are fortunate enough to work for
companies that are happy to "fund" their work.

I would, however, caution the board with respect to the level of renumeration.
A balance needs to be struck so that the level of salary not be perceived as
inflated and a waste of ICANN's budget resources.

Regards

Michele

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions