ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cac-proposal]

CAC proposal

  • To: <cac-proposal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: CAC proposal
  • From: "karina" <karina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 19:20:25 -0400

I have a only a general comment to the proposal;  I believe some of the
proposed services would require an amendment to the UDRP, specifically;  the
proposal consisting of rejecting complainants who have three consecutive
reverse domain hijackings.  This part of the proposal would enable a
presumption that a domain holder that has been a reverse domain hijacker
will always be one.  There is no such presumption in the UDRP.  Perhaps the
only thing that would happen with this is that domain holders which have
been ?reverse domain hijackers?, which is not an official term in the UDRP,
will be barred from using the services of CAC.  This is not the worst of
results but it could mean an amendment to the actual policy.

Karina M. Cortés

PTW-América