ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ccnso-nominations]

[ccnso-nominations] Acceptance of Nomination

  • To: ccnso-nominations@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ccnso-nominations] Acceptance of Nomination
  • From: webform@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:04:08 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ccnso-nominations@xxxxxxxxx

1-candidate_region:
EU

2a-nominee_name:
Olivier Guillard

2b-nominee_email:
Olivier.Guillard@xxxxxxxx

2c-nominee_snailmail:
AFNIC
Immeuble International
78181 Saint Quentin en Yvelines cedex
France

3-nominee_cctld:
.fr

3-nominee_region:
EU

4-I accept nomination for election to the ccNSO Council:
yes

5-curriculum_vitae:
I have worked with AFNIC since 1999 and have held the
AFNIC International development manager position since
April 2001. I am the admin contact for the five ccTLD
announced by AFNIC (.fr, .pm, .re, .wf and .yt).

I'm a graduate in computer science and have been studied
in Paris XI Orsay, University of Kent at Canterbury and
Paris VI Jussieu.

A large part of my studies have been followed in night
courses.

I have been working in internet management since 1992,
both in academical and industrial environment.

My background is technical.

6-nominee_statement:
The stability of the relationship between cctld operators
and the root of the DNS tree is crucial to guarantee for
each of cctld user a reliable internet location.

This requirement, which we all share, raises the need to
implement a common decision making process between cctld
to secure the IANA fonction.

Close to the IANA operator, the ccnso is the only
organisation that can efficiently deal with this issue:
it should stay focused on this matter.

AFNIC recognise the effort made by the ICANN team over
the past months to better meet to the needs of the cctld
operators. However, it has not become a member of the
ccnso, for two main reasons: firstly, in relation to
legal issues AFNIC requires additional information. Secondly, AFNIC considers
the european cooperation as
a priority : this as not been achieved yet with regard
to the ccnso matter.

However, in order to contribute positively, and to
support a process that I beleive constructive, I
accept my nomination to candidate for representing
the european cctld in the ccnso.