ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-base-agreement-29apr13]

Question on ICANN Registry-Level Fee (Article 6, Section 6.1)

  • To: <newgtld@xxxxxxxxx>, <comments-base-agreement-29apr13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Question on ICANN Registry-Level Fee (Article 6, Section 6.1)
  • From: "Balasubramanian GR" <balasubramanian.g@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 15:17:42 +0530

Hi,

Please clarify the line marked in yellow in Article 6 (FEES), Section 6.1

The Registry-Level Transaction Fee will be equal to the number of annual
increments of an initial or renewal domain name registration (at one or more
levels, and including renewals associated with transfers

from one ICANN-accredited registrar to another, each a “Transaction”), during
the applicable calendar quarter multiplied by US$0.25; provided, however that
the Registry-Level Transaction Fee shall not apply

until and unless more than 50,000 Transactions have occurred  in the TLD during
any calendar quarter or any four calendar quarter period (the “Transaction
Threshold”)

Kindly let me know what could be the payments based on the example mentioned
below.

Assumed No. of Transactions:

Q1 – 52,000

Q2 – 24,000

Q3 – 24,000

Q4 – 24,000

Q1 Payment:

a.       $6250 + (52000*.25)

or

b.      $6250 + (2000*.25)

Q2/Q3/Q4 Payment:

a.       $6250 – Because the no. of transactions during that quarter didn’t
cross the threshold

Or

b.      $6250 + (24000*.25) – As the no. of transactions crossed the threshold
during any four calendar quarter period

Please let me know if you need anything else

Thanks,

Balasubramanian GR

Marketing Manager

T: +91 (22) 3079-7500 X: 8531 |  <http://linkd.in/BalaGR> http://linkd.in/BalaGR