ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-closed-generic-05feb13]

Closed Generic TLD, anti-competitive and a bad idea.

  • To: comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Closed Generic TLD, anti-competitive and a bad idea.
  • From: Arrowhead <systems@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 16:51:57 +0000

To whom it may concern,

Arrowhead Systems has been helping small businesses with Internet
technologies for over 15 years. Whilst we welcome some expansion of
TLDs, we object to any plans for Closed Generic TLDs.

Generic terms should not be allowed, they are by definition open and
unrestricted in their use, this should not be different when used as
domain names.

--

Mike Hollowell

Arrowhead Systems Ltd
http://www.theinternet.org.uk

Arrowhead Systems Limited:
A company registered in England and Wales, company number 02694760