ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-lgr-second-level-10mar15]

CDNC comments to LGR second level

  • To: comments-lgr-second-level-10mar15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: CDNC comments to LGR second level
  • From: 王伟 <wangwei@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:05:14 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

As an independent non-profit organization, CDNC is committed to the
coordination and regulation about Chinese domain name around the world.
Since early 2000s, CDNC has generated its IDN table and registration rule which
have been applied to .CN, .TW, .HK. .SG , dozens of new gTLDs, and etc.

Though CDNC realizes that there remains many other Chinese script TLDs whose
table and generation rule are different from CDNC’s practice, and holds the
view that a unified table and rule for the second level might help to provide
the unified experience for global end users, the timing might not be good.

We don’t see much necessity to formulate the Label Generation Rulesets (LGRs)
for all second level domains at THIS TIME.
We don't believe the differences in characters, variant, contextual rules, and
format constitute a problem that ICANN could address before the root label
generation rule is finalized.

Moreover, it will be unfeasible to deal with the issue at the second level
before a consensus on registration policy is reached among IDN TLDs.