ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-msr-03mar14]

Comments on the French language from AFNIC Labs

  • To: comments-msr-03mar14@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comments on the French language from AFNIC Labs
  • From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 15:00:50 +0200

Hello,

We welcome the opportunity to provide our feedback on the ICANN
version 1 of the Maximal Starting Repertoire (MSR-1).

We find that all characters used in the writing of the French language
are present in the authorized list (yellow background) so it seems to
us that, should this proposal be adopted, there would be no problem
for labels in French.

Note that as a reply to the public consultation by ICANN, this
feedback only addresses problems that these rules may create for the
French language. It must not be regarded as an endorsement of the
entire MSR, or of the exclusion of several in-use scripts, or even of
the "Procedure to Develop and Maintain Label Generation Rules for the
Root Zone With Respect to IDN Labels".

Sincerely,

Stéphane Bortzmeyer
Afnic Labs