ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-name-collision-05aug13]

Request for Extension to file Comments on Proposal to Mitigate Name Collision Risks

  • To: "comments-name-collision-05aug13@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-name-collision-05aug13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Request for Extension to file Comments on Proposal to Mitigate Name Collision Risks
  • From: "Buky, Erno L" <erno.l.buky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 10:27:14 -0400

Dear Mr. Chehade:

We are writing to request that ICANN extend the current 21 day comment period
related to the proposal to mitigate domain name collision issues stemming from
the introduction of new gTLDs into the root.  This short window of time,
unfortunately, does not provide companies, including ISPs and infrastructure
providers like Verizon, with enough time to investigate this important issue.
We therefore respectfully request ICANN to grant at least an additional 60 or
90 days so that we and many other affected stakeholders can meaningfully
participate in this comment filing.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.  Please feel free to contact me
with questions or to discuss this matter in further detail.

Sincerely,

Sarah B. Deutsch