ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-name-collision-05aug13]

NTAG follow-up comments on Name Collision issue

  • To: comments-name-collision-05aug13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: NTAG follow-up comments on Name Collision issue
  • From: Tim Switzer <tim.m.switzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:30:18 -0400

Please see the attached comments.

These comments reflect the work product of the NTAG SSR Working Group who was
commissioned to study this issue and produce this response during the Name
Collision official reply period (note our original comments submitted during
the initial comment period).  Because this has entailed a lot of detailed work
and analysis, the results and document attached were literally just completed
within the last 30 minutes.

While we did not have time to formally gain full NTAG consensus, I would note
that the NTAG SSR Working Group and their efforts reflect what the NTAG as a
whole asked them to work on and I am confident this reflects a majority of the
views of the entire NTAG.

Thank you for the opportunity to submit these comments and to also continue to
work closely with ICANN to address this issue in an expeditious and proper
fashion.

Tim Switzer
Chair, NTAG