ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-pab-new-gtld-strings-21mar14]

Petition to ICANN with 21,000 consumer signatures

  • To: comments-pab-new-gtld-strings-21mar14@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Petition to ICANN with 21,000 consumer signatures
  • From: lee@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:00:14 -0700

Dear ICANN:

I am submitting this letter on behalf of RxRights as added support to my
public comment dated April 16, 2014 “Support for Mandatory PABs for
Regulated Industry Sector & Consumer-Trust-Sensitive New gTLD Strings.”

RxRights first contacted NABP in a letter dated March 12, 2013 to outline
the concern that their plan for .pharmacy would disqualify legitimate
Canadian and international pharmacies from registering their domains in
the same manner as regulated U.S.-based pharmacy counterparts. This is
referenced in our March 26, 2013 public comment
(https://gtldcomment.icann.org/applicationcomment/commentdetails/12152).

In those letters, we sought assurances of eligibility for non-U.S. online
pharmacies that provide a safe and affordable option for Americans. This
same view has been endorsed by 21,000 individuals, many on fixed income
who cannot afford their medications at home and need access to websites
that will enable them to continue their doctor-prescribed regime.

We are submitting a petition as demonstration of continued concern for the
.pharmacy application. It can be found online at:
http://cqrcengage.com/rxrights/app/sign-petition?5&engagementId=4965. We
can make the 21,000 signatures available in hard copy or Excel file upon
request. The petition cover letter is attached.

Adoption of the Policy Advisory Board (PAB) with representation from
independent experts, academics, consumer advocates, and other qualified
parties would give voice to these affected parties and ensure that those
who will benefit from the services of this new gTLD can become
participants of its implementation.

Sincerely,

Lee J. Graczyk
Lead Organizer, RxRights