ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-pab-new-gtld-strings-21mar14]

Public Interest Registry comment on PAB proposal

  • To: "comments-pab-new-gtld-strings-21mar14@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-pab-new-gtld-strings-21mar14@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Public Interest Registry comment on PAB proposal
  • From: Paul Diaz <pdiaz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 12:37:56 +0000

Public Interest Registry wishes to note its opposition to the "Proposal for the
Use of Mandatory Policy Advisory Boards for Regulated Industry Sector and
Consumer Trust Sensitive New gTLD Strings."  While we acknowledge the GAC
Category 1 Advice and appreciate the concept of a PAB in certain circumstances,
we do not support the general implementation of PABs at this time.  In fact,
this proposal raises significant operational and legal concerns.  If it is to
be pursued, it should be subject to the multi-stakeholder model of bottom-up,
consensus-driven policy development.

Thank you for the opportunity to comment during the reply period.

Paul Diaz
Vice President of Policy
Public Interest Registry