ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN Proposal to End Domain Owners' Privacy

  • To: <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN Proposal to End Domain Owners' Privacy
  • From: "Yvon Louis" <ylouis9999@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 08:33:08 -0400

Greetings.

To put it simply, I am against this proposal.

As said elsewhere, I support:

    The legitimate use of privacy or proxy services to keep personal
information private, protect physical safety, and prevent identity theft

    The use of privacy services by all, for all legal purposes, regardless
of whether the website is "commercial"

On top of this, I strongly condemn the obligation of privacy providers to
reveal my private information without clear and verifiable evidence of
wrongdoing that this proposal calls for.

The Internet is too precious to leave in the hands of corporate interests.
They care about nothing but their coffers. Please do the right thing-do not
let this proposal pass.

Sincerely,

Y. Louis