ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

GNSO Privacy/Proxy Services WG Initial Report

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: GNSO Privacy/Proxy Services WG Initial Report
  • From: Richard Roe <rr_t4ye8ksb3xnqv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 19:57:53 -0400

I believe privacy and proxy services should be available
to all.

I do NOT believe that domain names registered using a
privacy or proxy service should be labeled as such in
Whois.  I do NOT believe that ICANN should publish and
maintain a publicly accessible list of all accredited
P/P service providers.  I feel these steps would
make discrimination against P/P service users much
easier and more common.

I believe ICANN should require P/P services to comply
with applicable laws, but otherwise refrain from
establishing any requirements that would contribute to
the publishing or disclosure of registrant information.
P/P services should only reveal registrant information
when compelled to do so by the legal system.  ICANN
should require that approach, rather than try to
prohibit it and create its own system.  Intellectual
property rights holders deserve no special treatment.