ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

worried about your plans

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: worried about your plans
  • From: Author <author@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 19:39:48 +0100

Hi

I write an online comic which deals in religious satire. Although it is fairly
innocent and inoffensive by most standards, it does portray the Muslim prophet
as a cartoon character. For this reason, I have to remain anonymous.

Your proposed plans to force privacy and proxy domain registrars to join a
registry, and to comply with a much more relaxed procedure for revealing the
private information of domain owners, is very worrying to me. This is because
some people hate my comic so much that they think it is their religious duty to
murder me.

There must be other cases similar to mine. Please take us into consideration
when making your decision.

Sincerely,

Author, jesusandmo.net