ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Anonymous=Safe

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Anonymous=Safe
  • From: gidge3@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 19:25:20 +0000 (UTC)

Hi guys,

I am not a big website builder and have owned a few through the years. One of
the reason I have bothered to make a website was due to the ability of being
able to hide my name and such. I have genuine fears of strangers being able
find out who I am, where I live. None of my website have ever been...
controversial or thoroughly complete. There are systems in place if entity
needs to find out who I am due to something I have written, but the general
public doesn't need to know who I am. Just like any website that has a forum,
or feed of some kind, there is traceability. In the past people paid extra to
be kept out of the phone book for their privacy. This is no different.

By the way, thank you for letting people voice there concerns and please
continue to keep us all safe.

Gidge