ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Matt Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Matt Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Matt Horne <tmhorne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 07:29:56 -0500

Dear ICANN –

I'm appalled that you're considering this gross invasion of privacy with
regard to WHOIS data. You're opening people up to more phishing attacks,
social engineering, and other types of attacks such as SWAT attacks and
other more malicious things. This proposal is wrong.

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

-Matt

"He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of
you, But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?"
-Micah 6:8 NKJV