ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Fwd: Respect our privacy. Don't expose WHOIS data.

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Fwd: Respect our privacy. Don't expose WHOIS data.
  • From: Cloud Rost <rost.cloud@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 08:39:13 -0400

Dear ICANN,

I object to any release of personal information associated with domains
without a court order.

This will allow various undesirable organizations, such as spammers and
targeting ad agencies, to get real e-mails, mailing addresses, officer
names, and other details about owners of domains.

This power should only be granted to those with legal authority to reveal
personal details, such as government agencies and courts.

Stan Rost