ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Sam Bailey Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Sam Bailey Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Sam Bailey <S.H.Bailey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 12:35:39 +0100

Dear ICANN -

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one's personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

Please note that Middlesex University's preferred way of receiving all
correspondence is via email in line with our Environmental Policy. All incoming
post to Middlesex University is opened and scanned by our digital document
handler, CDS, and then emailed to the recipient.

If you do not want your correspondence to Middlesex University processed in
this way please email the recipient directly. Parcels, couriered items and
recorded delivery items will not be opened or scanned by CDS.  There are items
which are "exceptions" which will be opened by CDS but will not be scanned a
full list of these can be obtained by contacting the University.