ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Please Respect My Privacy

  • To: <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Please Respect My Privacy
  • From: Bill Colburn <bcolburn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 10:03:02 -0700

Dear ICANN -

I run a small blogging website and am strongly opposed to the proposed
changes to rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as
set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy
document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- I do not wish to be harassed by random Internet trolls simply because I've
registered a domain name.

- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.

- No individual's personally identifiable information (PII) should be
revealed without their consent except via a court order, regardless of
whether the request comes from a private individual or law enforcement
agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.