ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Simon Black Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Simon Black Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Simon Black <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 01:43:26 +0000

Dear Sirs,

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one's personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private, unless there are some controls
about this.

I have not problems about being transparent about who owns domain names, but we
also need to ensure that there are safeguards to ensure that this transparency
is not abused by those you are trying to expose.

Thank-you for your consideration.

Best regards,
Simon

Simon Black
Director

"Quality is an attitude"

[Webz Inspiring Business Online]<https://webz.co.nz/>[Electra Business Awards
2013 Finalist]<https://webz.co.nz/>

Toll Free  0800 WEBZ NZ (932 969)  |  M  +64 21 674 323  |  W
webz.co.nz<https://webz.co.nz/>
P O Box 10-882, The Terrace, Wellington, New Zealand
This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is confidential or subject to legal professional privilege. If
you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete
the email.

GIF image

PNG image

GIF image