ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Andrew Fehr Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Andrew Fehr Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Andrew Rietze-Fehr <andrew.rfx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 10:27:06 -0500

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Personally, I do not wish for any persons who want to do me harm to have access
to my address. This "if you have nothing to hide then you shouldn't be worried"
mentality just doesn't work in a world of racism, sexism, and bigotry that can
lead to physical harm. In a perfect world we wouldn't need to worry about such
things, but as everyone knows, our world is far from perfect.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.