ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Message to ICANN regarding WHOIS information avalibility

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Message to ICANN regarding WHOIS information avalibility
  • From: email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 10:20:57 -0700

Dear ICANN -

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one's personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

I own a domain to reserve a customized personal email account that i can give
out to someone who i want to be contacted by.
Even though i do not freely give this address out to someone who i do not wish
to be contacted by, i cannot fully control all ways that my information may be
collected or compromised.

If someone was able to collect personal information about me to the point where
they could seek out my home address or otherwise harass me, i would have a huge
security problem even with just using email.
There is no reason for my personal information to be so readily available to
anyone. Especially over the internet.
I want my country to respect my privacy and work with me to protect me as a
person. I don't want my country making it easier for its citizens to be
endangered and tracked.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.