ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

iCANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: iCANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Mahammad Faisal Faruqi <mff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 22:10:59 +0300

Dear ICANN,

As a domain owner since more than 10 years I request the privacy option for all the domain owner. This right is imperative for the basic human right of free speech. If it is not protected I'm afraid the lives of thousands of domain owners may be in danger from the extremist or jihadist groups.

I live in a country infested with religious intolerance (Pakistan) I also happen to write books and sell them on Amazon and other websites, that propagate love and tolerance but if I divulge my name on my websites, my life can be danger.

I sincerely request you to uphold the privacy right of domain owners irrespective of their commercial status.

Mahammad Faisal Faruqi
Islamabad
Pakistan