ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Please respect our privacy and do not expose WHOIS data.

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please respect our privacy and do not expose WHOIS data.
  • From: "Nicholas J. Kain" <njkain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:37:22 -0400

ICANN,

I ask you to protect the privacy of domain registrants by rejecting
proposals to deny WHOIS privacy services to certain domain registrants.

Private information should be kept private in order to guard individuals
against harassment.  There already exists a time-tested legal framework
for private information to be collected via the court system.  There is
no need to expose this information to any random entity that queries the
WHOIS database.

Thank you.