ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Whois Privacy Concerns

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Whois Privacy Concerns
  • From: Tim Rapp <tim.rapp2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 13:48:31 -0500

I am a user of a Whois Privacy company and I use it protect my personal
information to protect my family. I have personal websites that may contain
pictures of my kids, the places we like to go, etc... And it should be my right
to protect that information. I have blogs that are not offensive in any way,
however may include political opinions and views that others may not like. It's
my right to protect myself and my family from those that may have different
opinions than me. If I post something deemed illegal, there are courts to
provide subpoenas to law enforcement. There are legal procedures for those that
have the right to my information can take, removing privacy options will only
hurt innocent people.

Tim Rapp

Tim.rapp2@xxxxxxxxxxx