ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Domain Privacy!

  • To: <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Domain Privacy!
  • From: "Gilbert Martin" <iam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 21:01:43 +0200

I, the undersigned, support

.         The legitimate use of privacy or proxy services to keep personal
information private, protect physical safety, and prevent identity theft

.         The use of privacy services by all, for all legal purposes,
regardless of whether the website is "commercial"

.         That privacy providers should not be forced to reveal my private
information without verifiable evidence of wrongdoing

My comment on the matter:

In South Africa I have a right to my own personal information and privacy is
governed in our laws, did you consider that various countries have various
rules regarding privacy?

I do believe that if I choose not to disclose information I have the right
to do so. I cannot support that ICANN place restrictions on Domain Privacy
Companies in any way or form. I do understand its purpose, but surely better
time can be spent rather on managing copious amounts of spam from certain
networks, rather than getting involved in legal process.

Should anyone want information they should ask the domain owners, id the
domain owners don't provide it then they should go to court to get an order
to get the information from the host or the domain owner directly. I do not
understand why ICANN is regulating this?

It will also shut off many whistle blower websites and also the anonymity of
political activists. This is borderline affecting the free speech and free
open internet theory which everyone, including ICANN has been trying to
defend?

Hope everyone is well at ICANN and that yo u receive these comments.

Gilbert Martin II

South Africa

+27 84 654 6687