ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Please allow privacy, for the safety of my family.

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please allow privacy, for the safety of my family.
  • From: Scott Bouchard <scott.bouch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 07:35:59 +0100

Dear ICANN,

I write to express my concerns about the proposed changes to WHOIS privacy:

This is a big issue, as my domain, www.scottbouch.com, is not associated
with a business premises, as it's a personal website, so the address
registered is my FAMILY HOME address. Because of this, I use WhoisGuard to
mask my home postal address from the public domain.

I see this exposure as a direct threat against my FAMILY for the following
reason:

*Scenario:*

If a burglar browsing my website sees something he'd like to steal, right
now he'd have a hard time trying to find my address. but if you expose my
HOME address to the world, my FAMILY HOME is put at risk from burglaries.

Please respect my right to privacy for the sake of the safety of my family
and our home.

Do you have children or a family? - Just think about it what's really being
proposed here and the consequences for millions of other families like
mine....

Thanks,
Scott Bouchard, UK.

*www.ScottBouch.com <https://www.ScottBouch.com>*