ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Online privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Online privacy
  • From: Jake Harvey <jake@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:32:44 -0400

Hello ICANN,

While the general public does NOT need to know my personal information...

With online harassment at an all time high and bleeding into "the real world" this would negatively affect large groups of people and leak information, like their home addresses, to be abused. Finding someone's personal information is not impossible in our modern day, digital world. But to open up that information to a simple WHOIS search is outrageous.

ยท Jake Harvey
Connecticut, US