ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Removing Privacy Victimizes Innocent People - It's Our Protection !

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Removing Privacy Victimizes Innocent People - It's Our Protection !
  • From: brave netflix <brave.netflix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 16:09:51 -0700

To Whom It May Concern;

I strongly urge you to please not remove the right of privacy from citizens.

Hiding real information from the prying eyes of the internet is crucial for
protection.

Releasing real information to the public creates fodder for fraud,
stalking, attacks upon business websites (and their hosts/servers), and
other criminal actions against innocent people.

In a world where cyber security is needed even more than ever, please don't
increase victimization.

I have been a victim before when my name was released due to
stalker/hackers and they are still out there. They found me by my name.

They destroyed my online business (which was my only income at the time),
which, in turn, forced me to lose my home.

I have seen others hurt from the activity of criminals, and criminals are
plentiful on the net.

These are people who use their anonymity to attack those who are not
anonymous.

This will not protect against them. This will not stop them. This will only
help them.

I can only hope and pray you will do the right thing.

Most Sincerely,

An Extremely Concerned Citizen