ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Proposed WHOIS changes

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Proposed WHOIS changes
  • From: Cynthia Taylor <ctaylor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 15:21:20 -0400

To Whom It May Concern,

As a distributed systems researcher, I have the utmost respect for ICANN
and all that you do.  However, I am gravely concerned about your proposed
changes to the WHOIS registry.  These changes show a concerning disregard
for the privacy of web users, and open up website owners to the dangers of
harassment and doxxing.  There is no need to make private information about
website owners public knowledge, and it is unclear what the perceived
benefit is.  Please do not make this change.

Sincerely,
Cynthia

--
Cynthia Taylor