ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

WHOIS Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: WHOIS Privacy
  • From: Rebecca S <icanttellyou@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 18:03:38 -0700

I am an actress who owns and maintains my own website, as I don't currently
have the level of success that would allow me to have someone do that for me.
Maybe I never will have that wide recognition that also comes along with having
fans and stalkers, but please don't make me have to worry about making it easy
for anyone to endanger my safety just because I needed to join the modern era
in order to market myself. It doesn't take Oscar-winning levels of fame for a
performer to have an obsessive fan. I actually have more than one acquaintance
who has had it happen. No one except my friends, family, and casting directors
need to know my contact information, and if for some reason someone else does
need to know, a court can decide that. Please do not alter WHOIS privacy.

Thank you.