ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Domain Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Domain Privacy
  • From: Benjamin Cook <bcook@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 14:48:25 -0500

There’s absolutely no reason to change the current rules regarding domain
registration privacy. If anything we should be making it MORE difficult to
obtain personal information. Please do not fold to pressure from the
entertainment industry.

I completely understand their need and desire to protect their intellectual
rights, but the impact of this proposal would negatively impact innocent and
lawful domain owners while doing little to hamper illegal activities.

Thank you