ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-rpm-requirements-06aug13]

ICM Supports Verisign Comments on RPM Requirements

  • To: <comments-rpm-requirements-06aug13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICM Supports Verisign Comments on RPM Requirements
  • From: Legal Department <legal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 12:14:05 -0400

ICM Registry LLC endorses the RPM Requirements comments submitted by
Verisign. (See:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-rpm-requirements-06aug13/msg00037.html
)

We particularly want to emphasize that registry operators and its
subsidiaries should have the ability to offer consumer protection programs
to its registrants.

> "Section 2.2.4
> We recommend that the language be revised to allow for certain registration
> policies that provide for domain names in the new gTLD to be allocated or
> designated to an existing registrant with an exact match second level in
> another TLD operated by the registry operator"

As a consumer protection mechanism for .XXX registrants, ICM Registry's
Grandfathering Program (http://icmregistry.com/grandfathering) allows .XXX
registrants the sole right to the exact match names in any of the new
adult-related TLDs we are awarded (.PORN, .ADULT, .SEX).