ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-tcr-dnssec-key-signing-21jan14]

Funding for TCRs

  • To: comments-tcr-dnssec-key-signing-21jan14@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Funding for TCRs
  • From: McTim <dogwallah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 16:22:14 -0500

Greetings,

My only comment is around funding for TCRs.  ICANN does not currently
provide funding for TCRs,
ensuring that applicants for the role will emerge from a small
self-selected group of Technical Community
bodies for the most part.

Funding TCRs travel would hopefully lead to an applicant pool from a larger
cross section of the Internet Community.
This funding should be "at arms-length" via the Ombudsman office or set up
along the lines of the Independent Objector's office funding
to achieve TCR independence from ICANN.

--
Cheers,

McTim