ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-tel-renewal-04aug16]

Proposed Renewal of .TEL Registry Agreement

  • To: <comments-tel-renewal-04aug16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Proposed Renewal of .TEL Registry Agreement
  • From: "Anthony Hickey" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 15:11:41 +0100

To whom it may concern,

I am a developer of .TEL domains in Ireland since the domain's launch in
2009. I have built a successful directory-based business - TELIreland.ie -
using the DNS-dependent format offered by Telnic.

The directories for cities and towns in Ireland offer listings across a
range of category-based sub-domains to businesses, professionals, home
office workers and community organisations. Over the years, the service has
grown into a successful enterprise attracting a large number of submissions
on a daily basis.

The clean, simple look of the .TEL template, allied to the fact that .TEL
technology is searchable and mobile-optimised across smart phones, iPads,
tablet and computers, makes it perfect for business and community listings
and the success of TELIreland to date is testament to this.

My customers are delighted to be able to get online exposure for their
business using a mobile-optimized service and a listings directory that they
can identify with -  and, importantly, that is seen as relevant to their
particular local area by all the leading search engines.

Well-managed directories like TELIreland help promote local businesses for
minimum cost and in tandem brings attention to the power and simplicity of
use of .TEL as an online contact card that  is perfect for small business
and non-profits who cannot afford an instant web present requiring
additional hosting and programming costs.

I would like to see this domain continue and be allowed to develop further
and reach its true potential.

Best Regards,

Anthony Hickey

www.TELireland.ie