ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-travel-renewal-12may15]

Opposition

  • To: "comments-travel-renewal-12may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-travel-renewal-12may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposition
  • From: "domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 18:42:09 +0200

Dear ICANN:

I am writing in regard to the Proposed Renewal of .TRAVEL Sponsored TLD
Registry Agreement issued for public comment on May 12, 2015.

I am strongly opposed to the inclusion of a modified version of the new gTLD
rights protection mechanisms in Specification 7 of the proposed RA, especially
Uniform Rapid Suspension (URS).

All the new gTLD RPMs were implementation details of the new gTLD program and
are not ICANN consensus policies applicable to all registries and registrars.
The URS can become a consensus policy only after a full policy development
process (PDP) engaged in by the entire ICANN community of stakeholders. The
ICANN community has not even received the new gTLD RPM Issues Report that staff
will be providing to the GNSO in September 2015.

Imposing URS on an incumbent gTLD via the contracting process is an absolutely
unacceptable staff intervention into the policymaking process. Approval of this
draft contract would constitute top-down, staff-driven policymaking in direct
violation of ICANNs stated commitment to the bottom-up, private sector led
policy development process.

Therefore, the .Travel renewal RA should be referred for Board consideration
only after Specification 7/URS has been removed from the agreement, along with
all other provisions derived from the new gTLD RA that are not established
consensus policies applicable to incumbent gTLDs.

Thank you for your consideration of my views.

Sincerely,
Zdenek Kubik, CEO
HebeiDomains.com