ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-travel-renewal-12may15]

URS on gtlds

  • To: comments-travel-renewal-12may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: URS on gtlds
  • From: <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 13:57:50 -0700

strongly opposed to the new URS being applied to legacy tlds for many reasons.
I feel there are many frivolous lawsuits that cause the owner of the domain to
spend time and money defending generic terms and this would directly impact
legitimate businesses who use generic terms in their domain for their online
presence. I am an owner of over 50 domains, I have followed ICANN policy
closely being employed by the #1 domain registrar for almost ten years and feel
this goes against the consumer and even pushes the boundaries of what ICANN has
as a mandate in protecting it's stakeholders. I also feel this is being done
before we even have a good data set to validate the usefulness of the URS on
the newer tlds it currently applies to. Please reconsider as I feel this would