ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-travel-renewal-12may15]

Re: Proposed Renewal of .TRAVEL Sponsored TLD Registry Agreement

  • To: comments-travel-renewal-12may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Proposed Renewal of .TRAVEL Sponsored TLD Registry Agreement
  • From: Phil Temperly <paket@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 13:38:28 +1000

Dear ICANN,

I am writing to oppose parts of the Proposed Renewal of .TRAVEL Sponsored TLD
Registry Agreement issued for public comment on May 12, 2015, in particular the
inclusion of a modified version of the new gTLD rights protection mechanisms in
Specification 7 of the proposed RA, especially Uniform Rapid Suspension (URS).

The URS cannot become a consensus policy until a full policy development
process (PDP) has been undertaken by the ICANN community who are still awaiting
the release of the new gTLD RPM Issues Report.

Retrospectively implementing URS in an existing gTLD is an arbitrary backdoor
process in violation of ICANN’s stated commitment to consultation in the policy
development process.

I therefore urge you to remove Specification 7/URS and other provisions that
are not established consensus policies from the .Travel RA before consideration
by the Board.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Phil Temperly,
Director, Dotrader Pty Ltd