ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[competition-pricing-prelim]

I endorse the recommendations of the US Department of Justice

  • To: competition-pricing-prelim@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I endorse the recommendations of the US Department of Justice
  • From: Tom <kingsnames@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 20:09:20 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with the comments and recommendations of the United State Department of
Commerce and The United States Department of Justice as outlined in this PDF
file below:

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/comments/2008/ICANN_081218.pdf

I believe, as does the US department of justice, that there should be price
caps on new tld registration prices to protect domain registrants and  to
prevent older new tlds from pricing as they wish (tiered or otherwise) possibly
leading to tiered pricing with .com domains.

I also hope the DOJ and DOC remain involved and help make sure that ICANN
follows through with the many intelligent registrant and economy friendly
recommendations made.

Thank you.
Tom