ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[coop-renewal]

Response to ICANN Consultation on .COOP Renewal

  • To: <coop-renewal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Response to ICANN Consultation on .COOP Renewal
  • From: "Neil Homer" <neil.homer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:22:22 -0000

The Midcounties Co-operative offers its full support to the renewal of
the .COOP sTLD due in November 2006.

We are one of the UK's largest consumer co-operatives and have used a
number of .COOP domain names for our various business websites and email
addresses since the launch of the sTLD in 2002.

The sTLD enables us to reinforce online our offline co-operative brand
propositions to customers, members, employees, suppliers and partners.
Marketing our co-operative advantage in the 21st century depends on us
being able to assert our co-operative identity on the internet and .COOP
is therefore a valuable tool.

We know that the sTLD has not yet realised the potential envisaged by
its founding partners, of which we were one. But changes in ownership
and structure of the largest .COOP registrar have returned the venture
to the international co-operative movement and are expected to lead to a
significant increase in .COOP domain name usage in 2006 and beyond.

Bob Burlton,

Chief Executive,

Midcounties Co-operative Ltd

January 2006

West Midlands Co-operative Society (WMCS) and Oxford, Swindon and Gloucester
Co-operative Society (OSG) have merged to form The Midcounties Co-operative.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely
for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the named recipient(s) you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. If you have received
this email in error please notify us by telephone on (+44 ) 0845 4585 650
immediately and delete the message and any copies from your computer. The
Midcounties Co-operative has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that
any attachment to this e-mail has been checked for viruses. However, we cannot
accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of any such software
viruses and advise you to carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment. Furthermore, we do not accept responsibility for any change made to
this message after it was sent by the sender.