ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cyber-safety-petition]

Full support for the Safety Charter

  • To: cyber-safety-petition@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Full support for the Safety Charter
  • From: Amy Frandsen <amyfrandsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 23:06:57 -0700

As a member of American society I treasure the liberty to make my own
choices.  There have been times when I have felt that liberty violated
through exposure to unwanted materials on the internet.

As a mother of four young children I am anxious about the sexually saturated
material that permeates the internet.   While I want them to learn and
experience through the wonderful resources available online, I am frightened
about a resource that is so full of harmful and hazardous material.

In defense of my right to choose what enters my home, *I fully support the
Safety Charter (CyberSafety Constituency Petition and Charter).*

Please help me protect myself and my children from unwanted material.  Help
us have a choice in what the internet brings into our home.

Thank you,

Amy Frandsen
Redlands, California