ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cyber-safety-petition]

CyberSafety

  • To: Heidi Ullrich <Heidi.Ullrich@xxxxxxxxx>, "staff@xxxxxxxxx" <staff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: CyberSafety
  • From: Lara Duffin <lara.duffin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 21:44:54 -0800

My name is Lara Duffin and I live in Las Vegas, Nevada.  I am very concerned as
a parent about the current situation regarding pornography on the Internet.  I
believe that families (including children), as stakeholders in the development
of the Internet, should be heard by ICANN.   Please take my request in
consideration when making future policies, such as, the CyberSafety
Constituency.  I agree that the "as Internet policies are developed at ICANN,
the interests of families, children, consumers, victims of cybercrime,
religions and cultures become better represented."  The current state of
pornography on the Internet leaves me and my children unprotected and takes
away my right to keep "adult entertainment" out of my home.  I think that
children and families should have some type of protection against  pornography
on the Internet.  Our voice should be heard.

Sincerely,
LARA DUFFIN
7510 Pine Harbor Street
Las Vegas, NV 89166